our temple    



Our Asylum

Located at 5418 West Gale Street, the Jefferson Park Masonic Temple has been home to St. Bernard Commandery No. 35 since December 2006. The cornerstone was laid 13 September 1912, and the temple was dedicated 4 January 1913.[1]

In the first photograph to the left (facing East), the asylum is configured as a hall for a convocation of a lodge of either Mark Masters, Past Masters, or Most Excellent Masters. In the second photograph (facing West), the asylum is configured as a hall for an assembly of a council of Royal and Select Masters.

Photographs of the asylum properly configured for a convocation of a commandery of Knights Templar will be posted soon.

Below the two photographs is a sketch of the asylum's original décor, which hangs in the asylum's reception area.

Click here to see the exterior of Jefferson Park Masonic Temple.

[1] See Bruce Barnes, ed., “History and Rededication of Jefferson Masonic Temple,” The Hesperian (Chicago), vol. 70, no. 3 (July 2005): 1, 16. See also Edward E. Gaunt, A Historical Account of the First 100 Years of Providence Lodge No. 711, A.F.&A.M., (date unknown [c. 1968?]).

The views expressed on this web site do not reflect those of any body or member of Freemasonry other than the Old Chicago York Rite bodies and/or their webmaster. Please click here to view our privacy policy.

This site was last updated 09/06/14